UNN Postgraduate Programmes
UNN Postgraduate Admission General Entry Requirements
- PGD Programme
HND in Nutrition and Dietetics, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, or in related disciplines with a minimum of Upper Credit or Third Class Bachelor’s Degree (with a minimum of 2:00 GPA).
- M.Sc Programme: Candidates seeking admission into M.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics must have obtained as follows:
- HND (Upper Credit) in Nutrition and Dietetics, Human Nutrition and Dietetics plus PGD (Credit level) in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd Class Honours (a minimum of 2.5 GPA) in Nutrition and Dietetics, Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc/Ph.D Programme: Candidates seeking admission for Ph.D. degree programme or M.Sc/Ph.D. programme in Human Nutrition and Dietetics must have Master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, Human Nutrition and Dietetics with minimum GPA of 3.5 from a recognized institution.
- PGD: Candidates seeking admission for PGD in Home Science must have any of the following qualifications from recognized institution:
- HND in Home Science, Home Economics or relevant fields with a minimum of Upper Credit.
- Third class Bachelor’s degree (with minimum of 2.00 GPA) in Home Science or Home Economics.
- M.SC: Candidates seeking admission for the Master of Science programme in Home Science must have any of the following qualifications from recognized institution:
- Bachelor’s degree in Home Science or related discipline with a minimum of Second Class honours (Lower Division).
- Bachelor’s degree in Home Science or related discipline with 3rd class honours (with minimum of 2.00 GPA) plus PGD passed at Upper Credit level.
- HND Upper Credit plus PGD at Upper Credit level in addition to satisfying University matriculation requirements.
- Ph.D.: Candidates seeking admission into Ph.D. programme or firm registration in Home Science must have Masters Degree in Home Science, Home Economics or related discipline from recognized Institution.
- With minimum GPA of 3.5 or 60% without failed courses.
- Those with an average of 50% with outstanding course(s) will take them and as well proceed to their Doctorate programme.
- Those with an average of less than 50% will retake the entire courses.
UNN Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
UNN Entry Requirements for Master’s Degree Programmes
UNN Entry Requirements for Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) Programmes
UNN Entry Requirements for Master’s/Ph.D. Degree Programmes
UNN Entry Requirements for Sandwich Postgraduate Programmes.
Duration of UNN Postgraduate Programmes.
- A minimum of 3 semesters for full-time and 5 Semesters for part-time in all Departments/Faculties except for the Departments/Faculties listed in c (ii) below.
- A minimum of 4 semesters for Full-time and 6 semesters for part-time for the following Departments/Faculties: Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration and Local Government (PALG), Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Education and Business Administration.
- M.Ed. (Sandwich) – three long vacations.
- Ph.D. degree Programme – A minimum of six semester for full time and eight semesters for part time in all Faculties except Agriculture which is four semesters for full time and six semesters for part time. (Ph.D. is not run as a Sandwich programme).
How to Apply for UNN Postgraduate Admission.
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
- While filing the Application Form, type your Area of Specialization in the space for Field of Study.
- All applicants shall undergo computer based Postgraduate Admission Screening Test.
- Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website:www.unn.edu.ng or www.spgs.unn.edu.ng from 15th July, 2018 after submitting the completed application form.
- Date of the Screening Test: To be announced.