The University of Auckland Research Scholarships is currently an ongoing application for African Students. So in this article, we will explain the scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
The University of Auckland Research Scholarships is offered each semester to deserving students applying for an approved research master’s degree at the University of Auckland Waipapa Taumata Rau. These Scholarships aim to support enrollment in master’s programs that set up eligibility for doctoral study.
Students will be assessed for scholarship qualification when their application for postgraduate admission is approved. To be awarded this scholarship, candidates must be completing a research component of at least 90 points and must have obtained their most recent qualifying program at a recognized university, and have achieved a GPA of 8.00 or above in that program.
The University of Auckland is a public research university located in Auckland, New Zealand. The university is the largest, most comprehensive, and highest-rated university in New Zealand and consistently places among the Top 100 universities in the world.
The university was founded in 1883 as a constituent college of the University of New Zealand. It was originally housed in a disused courthouse. The University of Auckland is currently New Zealand’s largest university by enrollment, hosting about 40,000 students on five Auckland campuses.
However, the City Campus, in central Auckland, has the bulk of the students and faculties. There are about eight faculties which include a law school, as well as three associated research institutes. The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university.
The University of Auckland is the highest rated New Zealand University in the QS World University Rankings and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities, and together with the University of Otago is the only university included in the Times Higher Education top 250.
Worth of University of Auckland Research Scholarships
The University of Auckland Research Scholarships covers a tax-free stipend of $13,655 in 2022 plus the cost of your compulsory fees.
Eligibility for University of Auckland Research Scholarships
- The University assesses your qualification when you submit an Application for Admission. You will also be advised of your eligibility once the school has received your final grades, and you have a firm offer of a place for your chosen program.
- Candidates previously awarded a University of Auckland Honors/PGDip Scholarship cannot finally be awarded a University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarship.
- Note that domestic students* with a grade point average (GPA) of 8.00 (‘A’ grade) or higher in their qualifying program from a recognized university will only be qualified for the University of Auckland Research Scholarships.
- To be qualified for the University of Auckland Research Scholarships, you must be applying for a master’s degree with a research component of at least 90 points at the University of Auckland.
- For this scholarship, a domestic student is a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
How to Apply for University of Auckland Research Scholarships
When you apply for a place at the University, you will automatically be considered for a University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarship, so you don’t need to apply separately. Note that scholarship offers will be made soon after the confirmation of a place. However, if you meet the related criteria, you will be contacted to confirm your consideration for the scholarship. Applicants must submit their application by the official closing date for the program for a guaranteed consideration for a scholarship.
If you are interested in the University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarships and eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is not specified, but it is still ongoing.
Official Website: Click here