Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for admission into the School of Postgraduate Studies for the 2018/2019 academic session.
AVAILABLE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
College of Business and Social Sciences
2 Business Administration (with the Business Administration, Management and Entrepreneurship options)
3 Master in Business Administration (MBA)
College of Agricultural Sciences
6 Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
7 Crop Science
8 Soil Science
11 Computer Science
12 Industrial Chemistry
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Doctoral (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes
Admission into any of the Doctoral programmes is available to any graduate of Landmark University, Omu-Aran, or any other University recognized by the Landmark University Senate, who possesses a Master degree relevant to the intended programme. However, such intending candidate should have scored:
- an average of at least 60% (3.5 CGPA) in his/her Master degree programme.
- between 55% – 59% to qualify for M.Phil. Ph.D.
- between 50% – 54% to qualify for M.Phil. Programme.
Master Degree Programmes
- At least a minimum of Second Class Lower Honours Degree of Landmark University, Omu Aran, or any other University recognized by the Senate, in relevant discipline.
- Third Class Bachelor’s degree and a good PGD.
- HND (minimum of Merit grade) plus PGD.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Five (5) credit passes including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subject at ‘Ó’ levels
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from an approved University must obtain a minimum of Third (3rd) Class Degree in relevant discipline.
- Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved institutions with a minimum of a Pass in the subjects.
SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
For Specific admission requirements into the various postgraduate programmes click here.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested applicants are to logon to https://spgs.lmu.edu.ng/apply to begin application immediately.
- Application into the 2018/2019 Postgraduate Degree/Diploma Programmes takes immediate effect.
- Applicants to embark on courses of study leading to the award of Postgraduate Degrees/Diplomas of Landmark University are to complete the online Application Form, and attach the required relevant credentials/certificates, which includes the National Youth Service Corps Discharge or Exemption Certificate, as the case may be.
- Printed copies of the completed Application Form and photocopies of the attached credentials are to be submitted in triplicates to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Landmark University, Omu-Aran.
- Please note that no person shall be admitted to a course except his/her application has been approved by the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies on behalf of Senate and on the recommendation of the appropriate Departmental Postgraduate Board, having satisfied the expected requirement for admission.
- All new students who are non-graduands of Landmark University, Omu-Aran, shall take the Oath of Allegiance to the University.
- All Higher Degree candidates that attended foreign Universities, where English language is not the medium of instruction, should submit to the Postgraduate School, evidence of their English Language proficiency, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- There shall be a qualifying test for all applicants into Postgraduate Diploma and Master Degree programmes. However, International candidates for PGD and Master Degree will be engaged in an online assessment chat. Applicants pursuing a Doctoral Degree will be required to submit a Doctoral Thesis Proposal, alongside their Application. Hard copies of the proposals are to be submitted to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Landmark University, Omu-Aran.
- Candidates applying for any of the Full-time programme of the University shall present the letter of release from their employers at the point of registration.
- Applicants in the PGD as well as Master Degree categories will be duly informed of the date for their qualifying tests.
The Landmark University Postgraduate School, in collaboration with the University’s International Office and Linkages, provides a welcoming and hospitable ambience for interested Postgraduate students from across the globe. Requisite socio-cultural programmes are put in place for swift integration into the system and culture.