Admission Guidelines:The most questions, we receive daily are always related to admission lists.
Questions such as:
• How many admission list would this University Release?
• When is this admission list coming out?
• How many candidates can this University admit?
• How do I know if I would be admitted?
• What names are in the first/second choice admission lists?
And many others….
- 1. HOW MANY BATCHES ADMISSION LIST DOES A UNIVERSITY RELEASE:
Ideally, Every Institution is expected to release four(4) different batches of admission list, as detailed below:
• The First Batch: Also known as the first merit admission list, consists of the names of candidates who selected the institution as their First choice institution, during the JAMB UTME registration, and also beat the stipulated cut-off marks by the Institution in question.
Such candidates can find their names on the JAMB official website sometimes, before it is uploaded by the Institution.
• The Second Batch: Also known as the Second merit admission list, consists of the names of candidates who selected the institution as their First choice institution, during the JAMB UTME registration, and also beat the stipulated cut-off marks by the Institution in question.
Such candidates can also find their names on the JAMB official website sometimes, before it is uploaded by the Institution.
The Merit list, bears 70% of the total number of admitted persons per session, as detailed by JAMB.
Sometimes, this list is also merged with the Unmerit list, whose details appear below.
- 2. WHEN IS THE ADMISSION LIST COMING OUT:
In regards to this, its not in our capacity, to tell when a list is going to be released. Only the Institution and JAMB has the right to release a list, when they please.
- 3. HOW MANY CANDIDATES CAN A UNIVERSITY ADMIT PER COURSE?
The number of candidates taken in by a University in a particular programme/course of study is determine by the combined bodies responsible for the accreditation of such programmes.
The National Universities Commission(NUC) though have the overall control over the Number of candidates admitted in a course.
This is also affected by the Number and Qualities of Facilities owned by the Institution.
That is, an institution with a large working equipments, would admit more persons over a smaller sized institution.
- 4. HOW DO I KNOW IF I WOULD BE ADMITTED:
If You pass the Cut-off mark of your selected course, you are certain to be admitted in the first list, otherwise, Supplementary lists are for bargain.